Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Superbowl XLIII

What a game! It was so exciting -- from Harrison's mad dash to a touchdown, to Fitzgerald's touchdown that we thought would be the end, to the football swooshing through Santonio's hands, and finally his game winning catch. We were on the edge of our seats for much of the game and had a blast watching the action at Wes and Danielle's house. Everyone had black & gold fever and was sporting their Steelers gear (although I was the only one without a jersey on because I had worn my Steelers hoodie for the AFC championship when they won - so of course I had to wear it again!). Even Zoe had on her little number 86 jersey.



We broke out the 3D glasses, checked out all of the new commercials, feasted on pepperoni rolls, chicken wings, and buffalo chicken dip... and had a great time overall. The girls even found some time to get in a few rounds of Pounce before kickoff.


At the end of the night, Paul and I watched some of the coverage on the news after the game and it was crazy to see how many people were out crowding the streets of Oakland! What a night. I know that Holmes had the game winning catch - but my vote for MVP went to Big Ben.

1 comment:

Linz said...

Sounds like an awesome party! Wish we could have celebrated the Steeler's victory with you!!