Saturday, November 27, 2010

I am Thankful

This Thanksgiving, we carried on our standard tradition of having dinner at Dad's house. Tracy, Jena & I got up super early to prepare the stuffing and get the bird in the oven while Dad watched (and offered plenty of unsolicited advice). Brody watched cartoons in his high chair most of the time, but he did do some token tearing of bread for the stuffing - next year he'll probably be more interested.

On this holiday of all holidays, I can't help but think of Mom. It was always her favorite time of the year, and she loved the turkey & stuffing and all of the pies that we always made together. This year Emma joined us for her first official Thanksgiving (although she slept all the way through dinner). The rest of us - Dad, me, Paul, Tracy, Johnny, Jena and Brody - stuffed ourselves and just enjoyed the opportunity to be together. Brody kept Johnny busy while the rest of us were cooking, making him chase back and forth from the kitchen to the living room. Baby Elliott was also with us (although still in Tracy's tummy so it's not his first official Thanksgiving yet). We were only missing Susie, Juan and Dylan, and of course Mom. I know she would have liked seeing me, Tracy and Jena working together and having fun cooking. I like to think that she was there with us all.

After our dinner, we headed off to Paul's uncle's house to visit with Paul's family. We got to see Heather, Steve, Jack and Allison who were in from Philly for the holidays. Emma had a minor meltdown while we were there - evening is her normal fussy time and she was already extra tired from the long day, I think. But luckily no one seemed to mind. They love our little Peanut even when she's crying!

I truly have so much to be thankful for this year - my beautiful baby girl, my amazing husband, my Dad and sisters, nephew and nephew-to-be, wonderful in-laws who have truly made me a part of their family, and the best friends in the world. Thank you, God.








1 comment:

Linz said...

What a sweet post, Jamie! Love the outfit Emma is wearing. She is adorable!!