Thursday, June 19, 2008

Casting for the WFR Television Series

OK, so I know I haven't posted in quite a while but sometimes a girl gets busy, you know? However, I have just been notified that the roles of Richard and Kahlan have been cast for the Wizard's First Rule TV series that will be premiering on ABC in the fall. Fans have been waiting for this day. I personally have been somewhat dreading it. I'm just not convinced that the TV show will do justice to the characters that I have in my mind after reading the books. After initially seeing the casting photos, I was not reassured.

Craig Horner will be playing the role of Richard Rahl:


And Bridget Regan will be playing Kahlan Amnell:

The more that I look at the photos, the more I am growing to be OK with them (notice I didn't say "like" because I just don't think I'm there yet). It's hard to let go of your own images of characters. I also initially thought that Craig Horner looked a little young... but I am reminded that the characters are in their early twenties when they meet. So I think it will actually be OK.

Now we fans just have to continue to anxiously wait for the show.... let's hope it does well and does not ruin this amazing series of books.

9 comments:

Linz said...

It won't be able to compete with the books, but it will be exciting to watch! Richard is cute, though he is not exactly the mountain man, kick-ass War Wizard I envisioned. Kahlan is beautiful, so we will see...:)

Anonymous said...

i dont see the big hands and built, and gray wizzardy eyes that Kahlan fawns over about richard come out in craig, i think they could have done better.

Anonymous said...

So far the show has been very enjoyable. It was never meant to be a recreation of the series, only something loosely based on them. At first I didn't really think that Craig would be a good Richard either, but as the series progresses, I believe that he will grow into the role and become a fairly good representation of this particular version of Richard

Anonymous said...

heyy yeah i agree a bit i am satisfied with kahlan yet richard is a differnt story... i hope he can grow into his role but i still invisioned as said above mountain man big built with athority yet this richard is small insicure and well young for the role.....sometimes i just wished shawn conery was richard lmao jk,, not really but i guess its something to look forward to every weekend that you can relate to the series

Jamie said...

After watching the first six episodes of the show, I am still seriously disappointed in the casting - specifically of Richard and Zedd. I plan on a new post about this soon in more detail...

JoHanna said...

I have managed to separate the book and the show. And am now much happier

Anonymous said...

I think Richard and Kahlan areperfect for their roles. They suit each other and there is plenty of chemistry.

Anonymous said...

I have been putting off watching the first episode until today when in a fit of boredom I decided I would brave it...
Despite - obviously - the small inconsistancies, I liked it. I didn't have high hopes for it.
Character wise: as everyone has already said Richard isn't how I imagined how - sure he's cute - but doesn't seem like the man who is going to become the Lord Rahl, leader of D'hara, etc, etc.
I was also a little disappointed with Zedd - though I think the character is good (I liked the 'hungry' scene) I think he needed the same humour that Zedd has in the book and kind of missed the fact that he didn't go insane when he saw Kahlan.
Kahlan is... well beautifully stunning - very how I imagined her actually.
It'll never be as good as the books but lets face it things never are xxx

Anonymous said...

There are two Bridget Regans that are famous. One is the actress who plays Kahlan and the other is a musician in Flogging Molly.