Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Suburban Girl

I watched the movie Suburban Girl today. It's a B movie from 2007 that's sort of a romantic comedy but with a little more drama than comedy. Being a hardcore Buffy fan, I always like watching Sarah Michelle Gellar, and it was nice to see her in something other than a science fiction or horror flick. I thought she did a superb job in her role as Brett Eisenberg, a smart and witty twenty-four year old who ends up dating an older man (Alec Baldwin). The movie is about a girl finding her way in life -- in her career, in her romantic life, and with her family. I thought it was really poignant and sweet and a touch more realistic and full of witty commentary than most of your run of the mill date movies... overall, a nice movie for a lazy afternoon.

Today I also found out that sometimes you don't know people as well as you think you do. But life goes on anyway because you can find the strength to handle it.

And... I voted for David Cook and David Archuleta on Idol today. I think David Cook is more creative and a little more mature in his talent, but I think David Archuleta has better vocal skills and will only get better as he grows into his talent. Syesha has come a long way, but I think she should be voted out tomorrow. I'll be happy if either David wins. Go ahead and judge me for watching American Idol. I don't care.

No comments: