Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Date Night on the Town

Paul and I got some tickets to see the Pirates last night (thanks, Mom P!) and so after work we drove into the city to check out the game. We got there a little early and decided to walk over to Grille 36, Jerome Bettis' restaurant, for dinner. It was a really nice place and I thought the food was delicious. (I had chipotle shrimp rigatoni and Paul had an awesome BBQ burger.)
Afterwards, we walked along the waterfront over to PNC Park. When we got to the game, I was really surprised at how close our seats were! I don't think I've ever sat so close to the field before. So OK, everyone knows that I'm not a baseball fan, but there was something really fun about being so close to the action. I think the fact that the game was not crowded might have helped too... we actually had plenty of room around us to relax and enjoy ourselves.

Overall it was a really fun night out. Who knew I would enjoy a baseball outing so much? Oh, and don't worry Mom P & Judy - I got some pictures of your favorite players for you!

1 comment:

Linz said...

Sounds like a great date! The food sounded delicious, too. Glad you guys are enjoying your summer in Pittsburgh. We are still kickin' it Tennessee. I will be very sorry to leave Sewanee next week! Talk to you soon.