Wednesday, July 16, 2008

When it rains, it pours

Earlier this week Zoe got her annual summer haircut which means that she basically looks like a little elf dog with short hair and big perky ears. I personally think it's adorable but I like the next stage even better when it starts to grow in a little bit. In retrospect her haircut seems almost like a symbol of change to me... a lot of things have been going on for us lately.

I personally have had an opportunity presented to me recently and so I've been struggling with a big decision to make career-wise. Those of you who know me have heard this story and can probably attest to my stress level lately. :)

Plus, I am in the middle of my research phase for my dissertation and have SO much to think about on that front. I'll be back at RMU before I know it in August and starting into the final year of my doctoral program. That seems like it is going incredibly fast too... all of a sudden we're at a point in the process where I am going to be closer the end than the beginning and that just seems surreal.

Plus... drumroll, please... our house sold today! I can hardly believe it. For a while it felt as if the house would be on the market forever because you just don't know how or when these things will happen. But overall it really only took a matter of months. If all goes as planned, we will officially be homeless in less than 2 months, so we are now in a crunch to look for a new place. Luckily we have a few spots in mind but now we have to really think about this and make some more big decisions. It will be nice to end up closer to the rest of our family and friends (WAY over on the other side of the river). So, we have some house hunting to do now.

I'm definitely not complaining. Opportunities are amazing things to have - whether you act upon them or not. It just feels like so many things are happening at once that it is a little overwhelming.

1 comment:

Linz said...

So exciting, Jamie! Gratz on your house selling and good luck with the move! Mad props on the doctoral program, too. I cannot believe you only have a year to go. Hope to catch up more soon! Big hugs and smiles...