Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I have a nephew!

Jena went into pre-term labor last night -- we were all pretty scared because we weren't sure why she was going into labor so early (her due date was September 28). At first, the doctors weren't even sure if it was real or if it was a false alarm... but it turns out that it was the real thing!

This afternoon the family rushed down to see her at Magee and it's a good thing that we did. Once they had wheeled her back into delivery around 3:00pm, everything seemed to go pretty quickly. She delivered a healthy baby boy at 6:17pm today! He was a preemie, so we were expecting him to be small, but he actually looked bigger to me than I thought he would be, so we were all happy about that. He weighed 3 lbs and 14 oz. It all happened so fast it was kind of surreal... I can't believe I have a nephew! I'm so excited!

Because he was so little, we weren't able to hold him yet, but he is in good hands at the hospital and I can't wait to go back tomorrow to see him again! Jena was amazing... I'm so proud of her! No name for the baby yet... will keep you posted.

Congrats Jena and Shawn!


No comments: