Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mom

My Mom passed away on April 8, 2009. She was surrounded by her four daughters, each of us holding her hands, her husband, her sister, and her closest friends. It's the worst thing that's ever happened in my life, and I miss her so much I can't even explain it. I'm not sure if I will want to write more about it here or not, but I found this poem that I wanted to share.

OUR MOTHER

IF WE COULD HAVE A LIFETIME WISH
ONE DREAM THAT WOULD COME TRUE
WE WOULD PRAY TO GOD WITH ALL OUR HEARTS
FOR YESTERDAY AND YOU.
A THOUSAND WORDS CAN’T BRING YOU BACK
WE KNOW BECAUSE WE’VE TRIED.
AND NEITHER WILL A MILLION TEARS
WE KNOW BECAUSE WE’VE CRIED.
YOU LEFT BEHIND OUR BROKEN HEARTS
AND HAPPY MEMORIES TOO.
BUT WE NEVER WANTED MEMORIES
WE WANTED ONLY YOU.
SO QUIETLY TODAY
YOUR MEMORY WE TREASURE
THINKING OF YOU ALWAYS
AND LOVING YOU FOREVER.

2 comments:

Linz said...

Jamie, I am so sorry for your loss. I am planning on giving you a call soon to see how you are doing. Please know, my heart goes out to you and your family during this time.

Jena Larrick said...

Jam, Im just reading all of your blogs now, and wow u are making me cry man.. this poem expresses perfectly how i feel too! I love you Jam.. I think Mom would be so happy that you and I have gotten so much closer... :) love you, -Jena